Small Network Builder... Highly Recommended

The other day I got talking to one of the IT technicians at work about his thoughts about the type of network set up that people should consider having installed in their house. To summarise his advice... get a wired network for running HD or 4K movies and other large files and stick to WIFI for anything less intensive than that. When I asked about what he would suggest for our needs he said that I should check out the website called Small Network Builder because it has all of the info, review and comparisons that I could ever need. I've only visited the site a few times but I can already tell that it is going to be invaluable when it comes time to choose our switch, NAS and other network gear. Thanks Nick!




1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't recommend powerline adapters, they are notoriously unreliable. You will need at least 2 wireless access points for a Waldorf, I recommend Unifi so you can get seamless roaming: you don't lose connection when you're transitioning between two access ranges (i.e. walking upstairs).

    ReplyDelete